Serving the people of Evanston & Skokie, Illinois, since 1922.
League of Women Voters® of Evanston
2100 Ridge Avenue, Room 1030 • Evanston, IL 60201
email the League
Get Involved with the
League of Women Voters
Download the form here, indicate your interest area(s),
scan and submit to LWVEvanston@gmail.com or mail to
LWVE, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Room 1030, Evanston, IL 60201
- Communications Committee (help with overall strategy and tasks including event publicity, social media, and internal and external communications)
- Membership Committee (help with member recruitment and retention including League 101s, outreach to new and prospective members, and renewal process)
- Voter Services Committee (voter registration, get out the vote, candidate forums)
- Development Committee (help plan spring fundraiser)
- Events Committee (help plan monthly luncheons and/or evening educational programs)
- Observer Corps (attend and write brief reports on meetings of City Council or its committees)
- ETHS Scholarship Committee (selection committee for annual scholarship)
- Intercom (LWVE newsletter) Help to write or edit articles
Program Areas for 2018-19
- Environment (Reduced carbon emissions, protection of Lake Michigan and Isabella Woods)
- Evanston Boards, Committees, and Commissions
- Equity and Empowerment
- City Clerk study
- State-/county-wide efforts to improve political and fiscal accountability
- Voter Participation Action Coalition
- Joining Forces for Affordable Housing
- Citizens Greener Evanston
Want to get involved?
Our local League depends on volunteers for everything we do. Right now we have volunteer opportunities for:
- Office volunteers- Just a few hours each month.
- Experienced Zoom hosts for webinars and large meetings.
- We also need support in the areas of membership and communications.
If interested please contact, by email, the office or Jennifer O'Neil.
Other ways to help
- One-time event assistance (e.g., help at a luncheon registration table, holiday reception, holiday gift wrapping, 4th of July parade, Farmers Market outreach, etc.)
- Office volunteer (One week/month or less: spend about an hour checking voicemail, email, and office mail)
- Drinks and Dialogue (help plan one or more of our quarterly social gatherings)
- This Is Evanston – help revise LWVE’s guide to city government/Evanston history
For a complete description of committees as well as officer positions on LWVE download the manual here.
Copyright © League of Women Voters of Evanston