Copyright © League of Women Voters of Evanston
Serving the people of Evanston & Skokie, Illinois, since 1922.
LWVE Program for 2020-2021
At the May 20, 2020 League of Women Voters of Evanston Annual Meeting (on Zoom,) members in attendance online approved five areas of focus for the 2020-2021 local program. Leaders in each area will be taking steps in the coming weeks to define plans for the year, and they need your involvement! To get involved in any of these areas, email: email@example.com
1. Affordable Housing: LWVE will engage in study and action to support and amplify local efforts to identify and remove barriers to housing affordability through changes to municipal ordinances, regulations, and processes.
2. Climate Action: LWVE will back state and national League of Women Voters climate action priorities and will support the City of Evanston in implementing its Climate Action and Resilience Plan.
3. Criminal Justice: LWVE will respond to a request from LWVIL to review LWVIL proposed revision to its Criminal Justice position(s).
4. Fair Tax Amendment: LWVE will be an active member of the LWVIL effort, in concert with the Responsible Budget Coalition, to adopt the Fair Tax Amendment (graduated state income tax) at the time of the November 2020 election.
5. Voter Turnout: LWVE will develop and implement a plan to increase voter turnout in future elections, with a focus on youth and local elections, in accordance with the findings and recommendations of the Voter Turnout Initiative project conducted in 2019-2020.